Does your dog have smelly ears? Are you always telling your dog to stop scratching? Do you notice your dog licking their back paws?
If so your dog might have the same problem as my friends dog, Alfie had…Smelly Dog Ears or to be specific one smelly dog ear which he would scratch and scratch leaving it enlarged, inflamed and looking quite angry and red. He would scratch it so much he made it bleed, then he would lick his back paws, scratch scratch scratch again. They would bathe it with cooled boiled water to remove all of the dried blood and general gunk, but it never seemed to heal.
Until they tried Quistel Soothing Ear Cleaner.
This purple ( it has Gentian Violet as one of the ingredients) liquid cleaner seemed to do the trick with Alfie. They applied it according to the instructions which are as follows.
1. Warm the bottle of Quistel Soothing Ear Cleaner in a cup of warm water for 5 minutes.
2. Shake the bottle vigorously for 2 minutes before each application
3. Remove nozzle cap, insert nozzle in the ear and squeeze container until the ear canal is flooded with the solution
4. Gently massage around the ear for 30 to 50 seconds then allow your pet to shake its head which will loosen the earwax, allow the solution to penetrate the canals fully and disperses any excess solution.
5. Initially administer twice a day for up to 2 weeks depending on the severity of the condition. Then once a day for the next one to two weeks.
To be honest they only did it once a day not twice a day and they loved the trick of warming it up before putting it into Alfie’s ear…he did not even notice they were putting it in his ear as they made sure it was just warmed through, so they could not feel a drop placed on the back of their hand.
They now use it on a monthly basis to just wipe around his ears as since the initial two weeks there has not been any return of the dreaded Smelly Dog Ears!
Alfie has stopped with the constant scratching and his once smelly and sore ear is now all better!
As always we do advise our customers to make sure there is not something more serious going on, by consulting with their vet if no change is seen within the first few days of using any natural remedy.
You can try out a small bottle of Quistel to see how it works on your furry friend’s Smelly Dog Ears before purchasing the larger bottle, find them here in our shop.